Tuesday 12 January 2016

CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE UNCONCEALS FACTS ABOUT FATHER'S KIDNAP

CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE 



Nigerian award winning author Chimamanda Adichie has spoken about her father who was kidnapped and freed sometimes in 2015.

Chimamanda poured out her heart in a recent interview with BBC News Hours.

On Saturday May, 2015 Professor James Nwoye Adichie was kidnapped on his way from Nsukka to Aba, Anambra state. He was freed three days later.


In her words, “We are still reeling from it- We still have nightmares. I felt deeply hurt .I also felt very angry…I never imagined it would happen to us. And to an 80 year old father like my father who spent his whole life teaching for Nigeria- I felt Nigeria had failed us…The state government did not do as much as we had hoped. It’s just the larger problem of inefficiency… One person has now been caught and is in custody but in general we still don’t know” she said.

“My father was very keen to protect me. He kept saying to them – I don’t have her number on my phone, I don’t remember it” she further said.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie  is a Nigerian novelist, nonfiction writer and short story writer. She has been called “the most prominent” of a “procession of critically acclaimed young anglophone authors that is succeeding in attracting a new generation of readers to African literature”.

No comments: