Tuesday 10 November 2015

OBAMA FINALLY JOINS FACEBOOK




President Barack Obama has finally joined Facebook on Monday hoping to make his account “a place where we can have real conversations.”

At his profile the US president describes himself as “Dad, husband, and 44th President of the United States,” while his timeline shows his birth on 4 August 1961, his marriage to Michelle in 1992 in and the most important milestones in his political career.

Among the first to congratulate the president on his profile was Facebook CEO and founder, Mark Zuckerberg. “Welcome, President Obama! I’m excited that you’ve joined our community, and I look forward to seeing how you engage with people here on Facebook,” he wrote in a comment on Obama’s post.

His first post at the social networking giant Obama dedicated to raising awareness of climate change and pushing for environmental conservation. The post was accompanied with the video giving a glimpse of the White House backyard known as President’s Park.

“Hello, Facebook! I finally got my very own page. I hope you’ll think of this as a place where we can have real conversations about the most important issues facing our country – a place where you can hear directly from me, and share your own thoughts and stories. (You can expect some just-for-fun stuff, too.)”
I’m kicking it off by inviting you to take a walk with me in my backyard – something I try to do at the end of the day before I head in for dinner. I say this often, but that’s because it’s always at the front of my mind: We’ve got to preserve this beautiful planet of ours for our kids and grandkids. And that means taking serious steps to address climate change once and for all.

No comments: