Monday 12 October 2015

Miss Ambassador for Peace 2015 Judith Ngozi Okwunodu.: Her Story




Miss Ambassador for Peace 2015, Judith Ngozi Okwunodu, talks about her journey to becoming a beauty queen and the hurdles she had to scale.



Miss Ambassador for Peace 2015 Judith Ngozi Okwunodu.
In an exclusive interview with The Sun, Okwunodu said staying in the contest was a tough ride and she almost walked out of the competition.

She said: “It was not easy at the beginning. It was my first participation in a national pageant. But one of my camp mates, Juliet, who was also crowned as Zonal Queen, South West, encouraged me and drove away fears from my mind. … Her positive mind kept me going.”

These days, however, she feels elated, even as she attributes her success in the beauty pageant to God.


“I didn’t believe it [when I was crowned winner],” she said. “It was destiny that found me. I was elated and I give all thanks to God. Thereafter, I was presented with a brand new Venza Toyota jeep.”

The beauty queen also talked about her background. She was born into a family of seven – three boys and four girls.

Okwunodu said she never thought of becoming a beauty queen, owing to her humble background.


“I (grew up) in my village where I attended primary and secondary schools. I was born and bred in my village in Umunede, Delta state,” she said.

However, she is not one to shy away from her humble beginnings.

The beauty ambassador said: “The orientation or upbringing of a child depends on how parents train [the kids] irrespective of the environment. I have very disciplined and hard working parents whose aim was to give an enviable and exemplary up­bringing to their children. So, it doesn’t mat­ter where you were born, but your vision; how you relate with people around you, and how you make them embrace peace. Honestly, those born in the city might not have the intellectual capability of a village girl. In addi­tion, village girls are good cook.”

Okwunodu is a 20-year-old final year student of the University of Abuja. She cites Governor Okowa of Delta state as her role model for his character and success. The beauty queen declared her love for Libra men saying they are loving and reserved. She also fancies hardworking and attentive men.

She was crowned as Miss Ambassador for Peace 2015 in Abuja, Nigeria.

The Peace Ambassador Agency, the body in charge of the beauty pageant was founded in 2010 and is committed to enlightening young Nigerians and shaping them into becoming future leaders. The agency was put in place by professionals from various circles with the motive of fostering peace in society and bridging the gap in ethnic and religious differences.

No comments: